Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

LIke a mudslide

So my life was like a mudslide at this point in time. Even though my dad had just died, i still didn't believe it. Everything else kept moving whether or not I was ready for it. School kept going. The seasons were changing from winter into spring. Spring~ what a weird thought. Thinking of new life and growth when I still hadn't dealt with death yet. But who should have to deal with death at the age of 9? Dealing with mortality is never an easy thing especially when we~ as humans ~ like to believe that we are immortal for at least part of our lives. Some hold on to that for way too long, and some receive the shock of reality way too early.

My mom was continuing to date, which we all seemed to be okay with. He was young, energetic and liked to wrestle with all of us. His son was funny and liked video games ~ so, in other words, we all got along just fine.

I was unable to process what was happening to us. My life seemed so surreal. It was like when you are dreaming and you know that you're dreaming but it still feels so real and everything in it is so believable that when you wake up you have to think about if it WAS real. I was just wondering when this dream would end.

No comments:

Post a Comment